I have accomplished SO much today towards my fitness/exercise regimen that I’m actually insanely proud of myself.
It’s been about 3ish weeks since I last went grocery shopping because I like to make one huge big spending trip and then not go back for a while. So today I spent $225ish and bought everything from fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, salmon, reduced fat feta cheese, snack foods such as Special K Cracker Chips/ Kashi cereal/ pretzel chips/ Crispy Minis in 3 different flavours/ Cracker Chips in 4 different flavours, milk, yogurt and other things.
After that I came home and I pre-packaged everything into seperate portioned bags! That way I can quickly grab baggies and not worry about over eating! I am also going to pre-cook a couple food items tomorrow morning/afternoon for quick lunches and dinners throughout the week.
And to top that all off… I bought myself a gym membership today! For the past year I’ve been working out at home with home videos which was working great until both my siblings moved back in and now there is no longer anywhere for me to workout in the house. I bought myself a 1 year membership in my city for $400 and I also got 1 month free so I actually have my membership for 13 months which is super cheap considering most gyms, in my city anyways, are roughly $500-$600 per year.
2013 is my bitch! Can’t wait to be the person I want to be on the inside and the outside.
Hope you all are having a great start to 2013 so far like I am! xoxo Jacqueline.
I absolutely love apples, especially McIntosh, Red Delicious and Granny Smith. So yummy!
Haven’t done this for a while and I’m bored so I thought I would fill you guys in on my current food obsessions!
- Apples (McIntosh to be specific)
- Yoplait Light Yogurt (any flavours)
- Peanut Butter
- Half Sweet Nonfat No Whip Peppermint White Hot Chocolates from Starbucks (I don’t have them everyday but I’m still obsessed with them)
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
Tis the season! <3
So yesterday I did a post about Healthier Holiday Drinks, reference here.
So today, I thought I would do a Healthier Holiday Desserts page!
Although many (if not all!) Holiday desserts are delicious and heartwarming, many (if not all!) are also packed with tons of sugar, fat and calories!
I’ve compiled a list of a ton of healthy holiday desserts to get you through the season without compromising any of the flavour! (please note there are a ton of the same named recipes but that is because they are from different blogs and all are different in one way or another!) :
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Pumpkin and Cream Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Pie Banana Chunk Cookies (vegan, soy free, low sugar, nut free option!)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (vegan, no bake and gluten free option!)
- Nutty Pumpkin Chip Cookies (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced “Buttercream” (vegan, soy free, nut free option!)
- Harvest Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls (vegan!)
- Pumpkin “Cheesecake” Mousse
- Pumpkin Pie Mousse (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Mousse (vegan and soy free!)
- Rich Pumpkin Custard (diabetic friendly and low fat!)
- Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Mousse Shooters
- Brownie Pumpkin Pie with a Crunchy Pecan Topping (vegan!)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie (vegan and can be gluten free!)
- 2 Minute Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream (vegan!)
- Protein Packed Pumpkin Cheesecake Icecream
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Icecream (vegan and gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Butter (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Butter (vegan and all natural!)
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake (vegan, gluten and grain free, soy free, refined-sugr free and almost raw!)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- “3 for 100” Mini Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Glo Bites (vegan, soy free and nut free!)
- Mini Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Vanilla Glaze (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip (vegan and gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin Frosting Shots (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip (vegan and can be sugar free!)
- Pumpkin Fruit Dip
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars (vegan and gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars (vegan and can be gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Pie Granola (nut free!)
- Pumpkin Butter Oat Squares with Candied Pecans (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix (vegan!)
- Moist Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin Muffins (vegan!)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Donuts (vegan, soy free and nut free!)
- Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts
- Pumpkin Pudding (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pudding Parfait (vegan!)
- Creamy Pumpkin Trifle
- Monster Mint-Chocolate Cupcakes (vegan!)
- Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies (vegan and raw!)
- Homemade Thin Mints (vegan and gluten free!)
- Skinny Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
- Peppermint Stick and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream (vegan!)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge Pops (vegan!)
- Candy Cane Blizzard (vegan!)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream (vegan!)
- Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
- Thin Mint Brownies (vegan and raw!)
- Cosmic Chocolate Peppermint Patties (vegan and gluten free!)
- Candyland Peppermint Park (vegan and gluten free!)
- Peppermint Patty Bars (no bake, vegan and gluten free option!)
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- Skinny Sugar Cookies (sugar free!)
- Soft Ginger Cookies (vegan and nut free!)
- Hot Chocolate Cookies (vegan!)
- Hot Chocolate Butter (vegan!)
- Sugar Cookie Icecream (vegan!)
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Mini Eggnog Spice Cake with Creamy Dreamy Frosting (vegan!)
- Gingerbread Cookie Dough Balls (vegan!)
- Gingerbread Butter (vegan!)
- Gingerbread Brownies (gluten free, refined-sugar free, soy free and vegan!)
Many people struggle with this common problem — their moms, dads, brothers, sisters, husbands, and wives always push food on them. I tell them exactly what I’m telling you: Acknowledge these behaviors. Recognize the problems, sit the people in question down, and let them know that you are trying to lose weight and be healthy. Tell them how they can help and support you. Chances are they’ll want to help and will be willing to learn new recipes so that they can cook for you without threatening your health and happiness.
We count on the people closest to us to support us through thick and thin. The fact that a loved one may be sabotaging your efforts to get in shape, whether they are conscious of their behavior or not, can be tough to swallow and address. Take a good look at your current significant relationships to see how they affect your life both on a day-to-day level and on a larger scale. Is anyone in your circle a food-pusher?
Sure, it seems innocent enough. These people may not realize what they are doing, or they may think they are doing it out of love. The bottom line is that their way of loving you is through food. It’s time to stop it for good.
Tis the season for Holiday drinks lovelies!
Although many (if not all!) Holiday drinks are delicious and heartwarming, many (if not all!) are also packed with tons of sugar, fat and calories.
I’ve compiled a list of a ton of healthy holiday drinks to get you through the season without compromising any of the flavour! (please note there are a ton of the same named recipes but that is because they are from different blogs and all are different in one way or another! )
- The Perfect Hot Chocolate (vegan!)
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (vegan and gluten free!)
- Skinny Pumpkin Pie Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Latte for One (vegan!)
- Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Kathy’s Real Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte (vegan!)
- Caramel Maple Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (vegan!)
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Monster (vegan!)
- Healthy Makeover: Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino’s (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Pumpkin Protein Power Shake (vegan, low calorie, low carb, high protein!)
- Pumpkin Cheesecaketini (alcoholic!)
- Pumpkin Martini (alcoholic!)
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie (vegan, gluten free, soy free!)
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice Latte (vegan!)
- Iron Woman Gingerbread Smoothie (vegan, soy free, nut free, gluten free, low sodium!)
- Sugar Cookie Milkshake (vegan!)
- Peppermint Patty Green Monster (vegan, soy free, nut free, gluten free!)
- Candy Cane Milkshake
- Caramel Apple Pie MilkShake
Complete with a veggie burger/fries from Harvey’s and a tea from Timmies.
Nothing says relaxation better, other then a hot shower or maybe a massage? OR both combined!
I’m going to shut up now.
One day of eating a burger and fries won’t make me any fatter just like one day of healthy eating won’t make me any leaner! Moderation is key.
Have a good night everyone! xoxo Jacqueline.
Today work- my first job, was pretty chill, I worked with all of ,my favourite people and for breakfast and both my breaks I ate healthy, delicious, nutritious food!
Now I am going to go to Starbucks to get a Grande Half Sweet, Lactose Free, No Whip Gingerbread Latte and work at my other job till midnight, it’s currently 4 pm here.
2 jobs is stressful and tiring and you know I really don’t have a lot of time to exercise but I make up for it by eating right, standing/walking/moving around at both of my jobs and on my days off I find ways to exercise.
Hope everyone’s having a great day today! xoxo Jacqueline <3